1.1 Kido Kwan implemented the following naming standard for Kido Kwan email addresses:
- For students: email@example.com
- For instructors: PreferredFirstName.Surname@kidokwan.org, e.g firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st instance of duplication: Full email@example.com, e.g firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2nd instance of duplication: Full email@example.com, e.g firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3rd instance of duplication: Full email@example.com, e.g firstname.lastname@example.org
1.2 DomainAdopting a single domain name “kidokwan.org” for both instructors and students offers the following benefits:
- It promotes a single identity and unity.
- It is far more intuitive and predictable, particularly for people external to Kido Kwan, as it requires no knowledge of Kido Kwan’s organizational structure or IT infrastructure.
- Because it is independent of the organizational structure, it would not need to be changed when departmental names change or when students change positions within Kido Kwan.
- It reduces administration in a number of ways. Most importantly, having a unique domain name allows for automated email account administration. It would also decrease the work required to maintain backward compatibility for addresses that need to be changed when departmental names change.